Firewall management is an important skill especially when it comes to secure Linux deployment. Since various Linux implement firewalls differently, Its important to understand and be comfortable with firewalls.
What you will learn
This scenario will focus on the following 4 firewalls used on major Unix and Linux distributions.
- ufw You will learn how to perform the following operations:
- How to identify the correct default firewall for the specified distribution.
- How to Check service status,stop and start and List firewall rules
- How to whitelist and and blacklist ip
- How to whitelist and blacklist a port
- How to whitelist and and blacklist services
It is recommended, but not necessary to be familiar with the following concepts: - basic Linux usage
However, it is still possible to follow the mission and complete the assessment by learning as you go
This scenario contains one virtual machine. This scenario will focus on the following 3 firewalls and wrappers used on major Unix and Linux distributions.
- TIME60 MINUTES
- COST10 CRYSTALS