This scenario will guide you through the steps to create a self-signed SSL certificate to use with a Nginx web server on a CentOS 7. SSL/TLS is used to secure web traffic.
Disclaimer! This scenario is based on content by Muhammad Anwar from: https://www.techsupportpk.com/2017/01/self-signed-certificate-nginx-centos7.html
Based on the original content, we have improved on it as shown: 1. Availed a virtual environment to test the commands and configurations. 2. Mapped the network configuration to allow easy access.
What you will learn
After completing the scenario, participants will be able to create self-signed SSL certificates to use with a Nginx web server on CentOS 7. Specifically, this scenario addresses the following competences:
- Creating TLS/SSL Server Block
- Creating and self-signing SSL Certificate
- Creating a Redirect from HTTP to HTTPS
Scenario Pre-requisites / recommendations
This scenario requires basic knowledge in Linux operating systems.
- This scenario uses 1 virtual machine.
- All packages have been installed for you but not configured as the VMs don't have internet access, any install commands shown are for reference purposes only and should not be run.
- TIME60 MINUTES
- COST10 CRYSTALS