This scenario provides a challenge to users who are expected to:
1. Identify the vulnerability
2. Exploit the vulnerability and gain unauthorized access with low privileges
3. Perform privilege escalation in order to fully compromise your target
- This scenario contains two virtual machines.
- A Windows machine which is the target.
- A Linux machine to be used for attacking purposes.
- VPN Connection Required: True
In order to benefit from this scenario it is recommended you have competence in the following areas:
1. Basic Linux and Windows command line knowledge
2. Basic understanding of networking
3. Familiarity with Metasploit and msfvenom
About the Author
Timothy holds a BSc Networking and Communication degree from Baraton University and an OSCP certification from Offensive Security. He is passionate about mobile and web application security. He likes to spend his free time researching and identifying new vulnerabilities.
- TIME60 MINUTES
- COST10 CRYSTALS