RSA is one of the most popular public key cryptosystems and is used by millions of applications to safely exchange data. Chances are, you have already used RSA today without knowing it, the moment you tried to connect to a website. In this scenario, we will take a brief look at the basics of RSA.
What you will learn
- What is RSA and what are its general purposes
- How RSA keys are generated
- How RSA encrypts and decrypts data
- Some useful Python libraries and commands you can use when working with RSA
- Basic knowledge of what encryption is/why it is used.
- Optional: Basic knowledge of Python
- Modular arithmetic: https://crypto.stanford.edu/pbc/notes/numbertheory/arith.html
- Totient function: https://crypto.stanford.edu/pbc/notes/numbertheory/units.html
- More details about the mathematics behind RSA: https://certauth.epfl.ch/rsa/rsa.html